- Published April 21, 2022 in Blog
How to Provide Meaningful Feedback with Edform
It is impossible to improve and make great progress in the learning process if the student does not know if he is going in the right direction. Let's understand what meaningful feedback is and how to leave it on Edform.
Why is Meaningful Feedback Important?
Distance learning has a significant disadvantage: limited interaction between the student and the teacher. You feel the lack of "live" communication. Because of the teacher's absence, students do not have a clear picture of what mistakes they are making and what needs to be worked on. Many teachers are accustomed to giving feedback, but they do not fully understand how best to provide feedback to students and receive it from them.
The emotional component of the feedback is essential. If the instructor shows emotion, they will get the emotion in return.
Less effective is short-term feedback, expressed in an interim or final control of student knowledge. That is why it is best carried out within the framework of formative assessment (for more details about formative and summative assessment see here).
How to Give Meaningful Feedback on Edform
Feedback can be oral, written, or provided digitally. Thanks to the possibilities of Edform the instructor can leave feedback in the video, audio, or written format. Giving feedback on the platform is easy because you do not need to download and upload video or audio to the platform, you can do it directly from Edform.
To give feedback on the student's answer, follow the instructions:
- Go to the Reports section.
- Select the desired assignment.
- Choose the person you want to leave feedback to from the list of students.
- Click Add Feedback.
- After you click this button, a window appears with an empty field for written feedback and two more options (record video, record audio)
- To record video, make sure you have a working webcam and microphone to give the website permission to record video.
- To record audio, make sure you have a microphone set up to give the website permission to record audio.
5 Ways You Can Fix Your Feedback Process
Is the feedback process complicated for you? Then you should change your approach to it. Start with these five helpful tips and work your way to the top.
- Feedback should be specific, clear, and concise for students.
- Encourage and support further student efforts.
- Do not make changes to the feedback process during the school year.
- Use positive vocabulary even if the assignment is not done the way it should be completed. For example, "I see that you have chosen this way of doing the task. Indeed, it's much better than you've done so far."
- The teacher should not be a constant supervisor.
The main point of distance learning is to give the right feedback and not forget that students need it to successfully overcome learning milestones.
Provide meaningful feedback on Edform now!
Convert Microsoft Word Docx to Interactive Worksheets
Ever wonder if the tasks in a regular Microsoft document are no longer exciting? However, it is still the classic Word program that serves as the basis for creating worksheets. How can you improve them? This article considers step-by-step instructions for converting a word document into an interactive worksheet using Edform.
Digital Techniques for Improving Your Lesson
Teaching may sometimes be trying, especially during online education, since you cannot see the spark in your student's eyes. Which interactive features can you use to motivate your students and improve the lesson? We've compiled a list of some digital interactive techniques for an inspiring lesson using Edform.
Writing Activities Using Interactive Worksheets
The writing assignment seems more like torture to students rather than a great time to spend. They should be fun and engaging, the kind that will make any worksheet seem attractive to complete. Let's look at some tips for creating writing activities with interactive worksheets.
Interactive Worksheets for Your Math Lesson
The shift to distance learning has made conducting math lessons difficult since additional resources and tools are required. However, with Edform, there are plenty of ideas and ready-made math worksheets for the class. Let's discover interactive math worksheets and why you need to implement technology in your lesson.
Groundhog Day Worksheets
Groundhog Day is a traditional folk festival in Canada and the United States. This day is a great chance to diversify your lessons. Teachers are encouraged to use a variety of activities related to Groundhog Day. We have compiled a list of interactive worksheets that are ready to use.