- Published in Blog
Step-By-Step: Convert Worksheets for Distance Learning
Many traditional educational methods are irrelevant with the transition to distance learning. But how do you give a second life to ordinary worksheets? That's right, convert them into interactive ones to adapt to online schooling.
Worksheets were around long before Covid 19 changed our lives and brought us to distance learning. Teachers printed them out and brought worksheets to students for work in class. They didn't look the best because of the printing quality.
Distance learning problems
Remote learning hit teachers and students all of a sudden and seems to be a long-term phenomenon. Not surprisingly, there are problems connected with distance education.
- Psychological unreadiness of all participants in the process;
- Difficulties in the interaction of a teacher with students and their parents;
- Weak level of development of responsibility, self-control among students;
- Low children's motivation.
Sometimes even the most motivated and inspired students lose interest if they don't see the teacher's enthusiasm, so your main task is to demonstrate your passion for the subject.
How to fix the situation?
- To increase children's interest in online learning, prepare fun materials, look for unusual teaching methods, download files in advance, throw off the schedule, introduce deadlines at home. Interactive worksheets are one of the best examples of fun activities.
- Lessons can be based on frequent changes of exercises and a large number of practical tasks. This way, the children will not lose interest and be involved in the activity from the beginning. Avoid monologues long texts; ask more questions. Even their home task in the form of an interactive worksheet should include such exercises.
- To help students overcome feelings of isolation, create a blog or group chat for communication. Assign tasks in the form of audio answers to bring the teacher-student relationship to another level.
- Involve students in preparation for lessons. Let them feel their importance even in the teacher's work. One such task could be to create interactive worksheets for students during themed weeks—for example, a lesson dedicated to Christmas or Mother's Day.
- Inspire your students by giving interesting lectures, having emotional and engaging discussions, and linking class material to real life. Use praise and rewards as motivation.
Step-by-step Instruction for Converting Worksheets for Distance Learning
First, make sure that your worksheet is adapted to online education needs. There should be a balanced amount of text on one page to overwhelm the student.
Make room for pictures, video, audio, and other functionality to interact with worksheets.
Tip: do not try to use all elements in one worksheet; sometimes, it looks confusing
Once your worksheet is adapted and ready to become interactive, upload it to the Edform platform and do the following:
- Select the interactive elements for the chosen worksheets
- Fill the page with interactive features and indicate the correct answers.
- In the editor, you can also choose the style of many elements: font, size, color, borders.
- There are 8 automatically graded elements on Edform, so you don't have to waste time on checking. However, open-ended questions and audio\video answer assignments are manually graded since they are more creative.
- When finished, save your worksheet for private or public use.
- Set a deadline and attach it to your Google Classroom if needed.
- All students` responses will be saved in the reports section. From there, you can export them for further processing.
You can create unlimited interactive worksheets for public use on Edform.
Register now and experience the delights of online education
Icebreaker Interactive Worksheets
If you start feeling lazy or unmotivated at work or school, practice icebreaking activities before diving into your task. This can improve the focus and overall performance of the group. Let`s discover icebreaker interactive activities using Edform!
President's Day Lesson Ideas
President's Day in the United States is a great occasion to remember the country's history and traditions. We have listed some engaging ideas for conducting an exciting lesson with Edform!
Summative Assessment Using Interactive Worksheets
The summative assessment period is considered one of the most stressful and challenging for teachers and students. Let's figure out how to make this period easier using interactive worksheets on Edform.
The Benefits of Using Edform for Online ESL Tutoring
ESL tutoring can be a really rewarding experience, especially if you're helping people learn a new language. However, it can also be tedious and time-consuming for nontech teachers. That's where Edform stands out, with its user-friendly interface, easy navigation, and the best interactive elements for your esl worksheets. Stay tuned to read more about the benefits of using Edform for online ESL tutoring!
Edform's User-Friendly Interface: The Perfect Solution for Teachers with Little Tech Experience
Are you tired of using platforms that are overly complicated and filled with spam? If so, you're not alone. At Edform, we understand this problem and aim to provide a user-friendly experience with a simple and easy-to-learn interface. In this blog post, we'll take a closer look at Edform's convenient interface and explore how it can help teachers with little tech experience create engaging interactive online activities that will inspire and motivate their students.
The Role of Interactive Lessons in Project-Based Learning: Edform's Features and Resources
In this article, we'll explore the role of interactive lessons in project-based learning and how Edform's features and resources can help teachers create engaging and effective lessons for their students. So, whether you're a seasoned educator or just starting, read on to learn how Edform can help you enhance your PBL curriculum and make learning more fascinating and enjoyable for your students.