- Published in Blog
Convert PDFs to Editable Interactive Worksheets
Worksheets can be done in different formats such as pdf, doc(x), ppt(x), jpeg, png, Google Document, or Slides. One of the most common and convenient formats is doc(x). However, not all worksheets you can find on the Internet will be in Microsoft Word format. Almost half of them found throughout the Internet are in Pdf. Let`s look at the pros and cons of PDFs and how to edit your document using Edform.
Yes, it's easy to read texts in such a format on various devices, but students and teachers can encounter some problems when completing assignments or editing them:
- First of all, without a particular program for editing pdf documents, you will not have such a possibility. Many programs provide this feature not for free, and most of it costs a lot of money.
- Secondly, when you send assignments to students in this format, it will not be convenient to answer them. After all, students who do not have special programs for editing have to send a teacher to check the handwritten answers or write them in any other electronic text editors.
- Checking handwritten answers will take the teacher a bulk of time, and with distance learning, people obviously want to reduce the time spent in front of the computer. In that case, it is better to consider auto-grading technologies.
These and other complexities raise the main question.
How to simplify the use of the pdf document and facilitate the completion and checking of such worksheets?
The answer to this question is straightforward: by turning it into an interactive worksheet on the Edform platform. An Interactive worksheet is an electronic worksheet (auto-graded on Edform) created by the teacher for the student's independent work.
Interactive worksheets consist of many tasks to develop all kinds of skills. Each worksheet is a lesson model that can be adjusted, supplemented, and used as reference material to consolidate or repeat the material. The method of choice of the techniques depends on the type of worksheet (read about the types of worksheets here). A couple of the advantages of using interactive worksheets are editing the document and adding engaging, clickable tasks.
To turn a PDF document into an interactive, editable worksheet, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Click on Create a new worksheet;
- Upload your PDF file to the creator of interactive worksheets;
- Add interactive elements to your worksheet
- Publish your worksheet for public or private use
- Assign your worksheet to students
Guide to All Edform Features for Your Interactive Worksheets
Interactive Worksheets are electronic worksheets for the student's independent work created by the teacher on special platforms such as Edform. They help make the learning process exactly activity-based. Let's observe all Edform features, including drag and drop, matching, and fill-in-the-blank elements that enhance your worksheet and make it interactive.
Top 10 Worksheets on Edform for Kindergarten
The edform platform has collected many interesting and valuable worksheets created by teachers, which you can use free of charge. Let's take a quick look at them so that you can apply them to your lessons!
The Approaches to Accelerating Student Growth with Online Activities
At a certain stage of learning any discipline, especially a foreign language, you experience a plateau effect. The most important thing is not to lose motivation during the plateau phase and implement the necessary methods to accelerate student growth. Let's observe the approaches to accelerating student growth.
Interactive Worksheets for Kids: The Ultimate Resource for Teachers
Interactive worksheets look much better than regular worksheets, but at the same time, if they are identical to paper worksheets, interest in them disappears just as quickly. We have prepared a list of tips for using interactive online activities in the classroom and at home.
10 Interactive Grammar Worksheets for Your English Lesson
Grammar is not the most fun thing to do in English class, but it all depends on the methods of teaching. We've selected 10 interactive grammar worksheets for your English class that make learning engaging.