By using the Matching question type you expect your students to correlate the elements to complete the task.
To start working with the element, select its icon on the menu bar and place it in the proper place on the worksheet. There are two ways to do this:
1) Click the element, and drag it to the necessary place while holding the mouse button. Adjust to the needed size;
2) Сlick the element first, then click the desired spot. The field will appear in that spot. Adjust the needed size.
First, you place the Matching elements on the worksheet. Hover over any box and you’ll see the functions you can perform with it.
- If you click "Connect", immediately click the element it corresponds to and it will become highlighted in green. A dashed line means a pair has been connected. Link all the elements on the worksheet.
- If you click "Add pair", a corresponding element will automatically appear under the one you’ve selected. Just relocate it to the proper place.
If you want to change the connection between the elements, hover over any of them and click "Disconnect".
You can set the number of scores for answering correctly. Click and select the desired option from a dropdown list (from 1 to 10 points, scored by default, or not scored).
Here’s a list of things you can do with the element:
- Adjust its size.
- Move the element to a different place. To do this, just hover over the checkbox field click and hold the six-dots icon and drag it where needed, then release the button.
- Duplicate the element by clicking copy icon right next to the Settings icon. A copy will appear below.
- Remove the element from the worksheet by clicking trash icon .
This is how your students will see the Matching task:
When you get the task done by students, the system will automatically mark their answers as correct (in green) or incorrect (in red). By hovering over the task, you’ll see the number of automatically scored points for completing the task out of the maximum. In the event you consider the student’s answer incorrectly marked, you can change their scores by clicking the auto-graded scores and selecting the necessary points from the drop-list. The color will immediately turn green, marking the correct answer.