By selecting the Fill-in-the-Blank question type, you can ask students to complete the task by inputting the correct answer in the blank field.
To start working with the element, put it in the correct place on the worksheet. There are two ways to do this:
1) Click the element, and drag it to the necessary place while holding the mouse button and adjusting the size.
2) Сlick the element first, then click the desired spot. The field will appear in that spot. Adjust to the desired size.
When the field is where it is supposed to be, input the correct answer in the exact form you expect your students to do it.
By clicking , you’ll open a pop-up consisting of two blocks - SETTINGS and STYLES.
In the Settings section, you can specify:
- The number of points for answering correctly. Click the field and select the desired option from a dropdown list. You can either decide on the number of points from 1 to 10, set it by default, or choose not to score the task at all.
- Alternative correct answers. If your task has multiple potential correct answers, include them in the corresponding field. As soon as you enter one alternative, another input field is automatically created. Add as many alternatives as needed.
- Answer type. Here, specify whether you want to get a short answer in letters or numbers. If there are extra requirements as in the form of the answer (the usage of a specific case, dots, commas, minuses), tick an appropriate box.
In the Styles section, you can make the following adjustments:
- Set a custom placeholder. Simply enter the desired info into the corresponding field.
- Text justification. Click the option (full, left, center, right) to set it.
- Font. Choose whether the text should be bold, italic, underlined, or strikeout by clicking the corresponding icon. Select the desired style and size of the font from drop-list options. Adjust the borders: define the color and the width.
- Regulate background opacity. Move the indicator to the left or to the right to decrease or increase the opacity of the letters respectively.
Here’s a list of things you can do with the element:
- Adjust its size.
- Move the element to a different place. To do this, just hover over the checkbox field click and hold the six-dots icon and drag it where needed, then release the button.
- Duplicate the element by clicking the copy icon right next to the Settings icon. A copy will appear below.
- Remove the element from the worksheet by clicking the trash icon .
This is how your students will see the Fill-in-the-Blank task:
When you get the task done by students, the system will automatically mark their answers as correct (in green) or incorrect (in red). If you’ve specified the alternatives, they will be counted as the correct answer. In the event that you may consider a student’s answer correct, but you’ve not mentioned it in the alternatives, you can score the task by hand. To do this, hover over the task. You’ll see the number of automatically scored points out of the maximum. Click the auto-graded scores and select the necessary points from the drop-list. The color will immediately turn green, marking the correct answer.