By selecting the Checkbox question type, you can ask students to complete the task by ticking the box corresponding to the correct answer to your question. The idea is that there may be multiple correct answers.
To start working with the element, put it in the proper place on the worksheet. There are two ways to do this:
1) Click the element, and drag it to the necessary place while holding the mouse button and adjusting the size.
2) Сlick the element first, then click the desired spot. The field will appear in that spot. Adjust to the desired size.
By clicking , you’ll open a pop-up with SETTINGS section.
In the Settings section, you can specify:
- The number of points for answering correctly. Click the field and select the desired option from a dropdown list. You can either decide on the number of points from 1 to 10, set it by default, or choose not to score the task at all.
- The number of boxes needed for the task. Select how many options you are going to suggest to your students. Available choices - from 1 to 7.
When you’ve done the necessary settings, adjust the size of the Checkbox field and place it in the right spot. Make sure the boxes correspond accurately to the options. Tick those boxes that contain correct answers.
Here’s a list of things you can do with the element:
- Adjust its size.
- Move the element to a different place. To do this, just hover over the checkbox field click and hold the six-dots icon and drag it where needed, then release the button.
- Duplicate the element by clicking copy icon right next to the Settings icon. A copy will appear below.
- Remove the element from the worksheet by clicking trash icon .
This is how your students will see the Checkbox task:
When you get the task done by students, the system will automatically mark their answers as correct (in green) or incorrect (in red). By hovering over the task, you’ll see the number of automatically scored points for completing the task out of the maximum. In the event you consider the student’s answer incorrectly marked, you can change their scores by clicking the auto-graded scores and selecting the necessary points from the drop-list. The color will immediately turn green, marking the correct answer.